New Ideas for Family Fun
PUERTO VALLARTA & PUNTA DE MITA
- On the Pacific Coast lies the beautiful Bay of Banderas; beautiful sunsets, luxury resorts, and a fantastic culinary scene will make this beach vacation destination your favorite.
The Sierra Madre Mountains create a beautiful backdrop to the coastal towns you will find along the Bay of Banderas. Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, and Punta Mita have numerous high-end branded properties, boutique hotels, and jaw-dropping private villas.
- Sayulita – This small coastal village is a great place to relax, enjoy the bohemian vibe, take in the sun, or get in the water and partake in surfing, diving, or snorkeling on Mexico’s Pacific Coast.
- Puerto Vallarta – With cobblestone streets and old-fashioned adobe houses, this once hidden beach town has become one of the most popular coastal destinations to vacation in Mexico. Luxury resorts, a growing bilingual population, and white sand beaches make Puerto Vallarta a perfect destination for family holidays and more!
- Riviera Nayarit – Bordering Puerto Vallarta to the north is nearly 200-mile stretch of coastline dotted with over 20 towns. While Riviera Nayarit stretches almost all the way to Mazatlan, the most popular area is Nuevo Vallarta, where many tourists stay. There is a variety of adventure and nature opportunities available in the area as well as rich culture of the Huichol people, indigenous to the highlands that tower over the coast.
- Punta Mita -This hotspot is located in the state of Nayarit on the north end of Banderas Bay. The area is full of gourmet restaurants by renowned chefs, up-scale hotels like the Four Seasons and St.Regis, golf courses.
CENTRAL AMERICA DESTINATIONS OF COSTA RICA AND OR NICARAGAU
In Costa Rica You Travel Designer loves combining a few nights in a luxury eco-lodge high in the cloud forest with a few nights a fabulous Pacific resort destination for an action packed and fun filled holiday that will sure to please everyone in your family. From hiking to zip-lining, to surfing, snorkeling, stand-up paddling and fishing there will be something for everyone on this trip!
Nicaragua is an little known, hidden gem in Central America – but you better go quickly as word is starting to get out. Here are some recent comments from recent Your Travel Designer clients just back from Christmas/New Year’s trips. “this is paradise and I never want to go to another beach ever again… the staff is so lovely and happy and there is so much for us to do if we choose. But it's also a perfect place to do nothing” “Paradise isn't even the best way to describe it! We are in love with this place and the people here. Nicaraguans are happy, beautiful, kind and proud of their country. It's wonderful to be a part of the beginning of this boom for them.” Beautiful beaches, active volcanos, Colonial towns and history, monkeys and birds, fabulous friendly people and a warm, safe environment.
CHARTERING A CATAMARAN WITH A CAPTAIN AND CREW AND SAILING IN THE BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
Your Travel Designer’s personal family favorite trip – no shoes, no news. Pick your port of call every morning and set sail. Crystal clear waters, light breezes, white sandy beaches and someone else does the cooking and cleaning – it doesn’t get better than this.
ORANGE COUNTY – CA AND SOME THEME PARK FUN IN THE SUN
You don’t have to subject yourself to 3 star hotels in Anaheim, there are some pretty fantastic resorts in the Laguna Beach and San Diego area all within a short drive of Disney Land, Legoland and the San Diego Wild Animal Parks. Baseball has usually started back up the first week of April so you may be able to catch a game or two and you can go kayaking, biking along the beach and lots of other warm weather activities while it is still gloomy and rainy up here. You Travel Designer has preferred partner relationships with all the great properties in Southern CA that will include breakfast daily, and other value added benefits and amenities that can add up to nice cost savings for families.
SPRING SKIING IN THE SIERRAS OR ROCKIES
Due to good ol’ El Niño this could be one of the best seasons yet for late Spring Skiing at Lake Tahoe and the Rockies. Your Travel Designer will have the updates for last minute promos and offers for such family friendly properties like the Hyatt Lake Tahoe and Beaver Creek, the Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch, Four Seasons Vail & Jackson Hole as well as ski-in, ski-out properties in Vail Village.
Tour the Capitol, the White House, the Smithsonian, the Spy Museum, the Air & Space Museum, all the different Monuments, the National Gallery, the National Zoo, wander around Georgetown and that is just in the city itself. There is also Gettysburg, Charlottsville, Mount Vernon & Williamsburg, VA - all within a short drive.